The Arvigo Techniques®
“The uterus is the woman’s center. If her uterus is not in proper position and good health, nothing in her life will be right. She will be as out of balance as her uterus.”
– Don Elijio Panti
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®:
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are centered around the ancient Mayan techniques, which reposition organs that have dropped and restrict the flow of blood, lymph, nerve impulses and Qi (bio-energy).
Practiced for centuries in Belize, this gentle uterine correction is an external, non-invasive abdominal massage that guides the uterus and organs gently into its correct position. This technique aims to relieve obstruction to the flow of blood, lymph, Qi and optimizing nerve impulses; opening up fascia (inter-connective tissue) and releasing adhesions in the abdomen gives the body a chance to heal itself and strengthen the ligaments that hold the organs in place.
The Arvigo Techniques correct the position of the uterus, hips and sacrum and release muscular spasms in the abdomen and pelvis. During a treatment you will also get an evaluation and a gentle structural alignment of the spine with attention to the sacrum, lumbar and thoracic spine. Emotional armoring is released and the Chakras (energy centers) become balanced. An overall sense of well being, harmony and vitality results.
A ‘Self-Care’ will also be taught during the first treatment.
This is not just for women, this therapy is also great for prostate health and an allover healthy abdomen.
First treatment is 1.5-2 hrs., all follow-ups are 50 or 80 minutes long.
I usually recommend 3-6 treatments for best results.
Some of the symptoms MAT would help:
For Women with:
What to expect in a session:
- Comprehensive review of your personal health history and current health care needs.
- Abdominal massage focused on aligning reproductive and abdominal organs
- Evaluation and application of structural alignment of spine with attention to the sacrum , lumbar and thoracic spine.
- Instruction in Self Care Home techniques to enhance your professional treatment session
- Recommendation of complementary modalities:
- Herbal remedies
- Castor oil packs
- Faja (organ support wrap)
- Bajos (traditional vaginal steam bath of the Mayas – pronounced ba-hos)
- Nutritional and or lifestyle education and adaptations
Contraindications, Cautions, and Modifications
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™ are safe and effective with few contrainidcations of untoward outcomes. There are certain conditions where application of these techniques are either contraindicated or require modification. Please call if you have any questions.
- During active menstruation
- IUD (intra-uterine device for contraception) is present
- Immediately after abdominal surgery
- Active infection or cancer present in pelvic area, or while undergoing chemotherapy
- During the first trimester (19 weeks) of pregnancy (modification)
- Hiatal Hernia (gentle massage required)
- Active and acute infection
- Abdominal Aneurysm
- Diastasis Rectus
- Pessary for uterine prolapse (remove prior to your session)
- Any serious health condition that causes you concern